The power of scent and how to bring it into your home
Scents in the form of essential oils – burners, incense, candles can both protect your long-term health and relieve symptoms of common issues. The power of scents is that they can:
- Lower stress levels
- Relieve pain
- Improve your mood
- Quell cravings and nausea
Different scents trigger different responses in the brains which, in turn, directs your nervous system to react – to chill out or to spring into action. As a few examples:
- Sage can help to amp up attention and memory
- Peppermint can aid in reducing fatigue and chocolate cravings (could be very helpful!)
- Orange can elevate your mood
- Rosemary can lower fatigue and boost energy
- Cinnamon can boost concentration and reduce frustration
- Lavender can reduce anxiety, insomnia and migraine pain
So, how long should you have scent diffusing in your home? 15-60 minutes is the sweet spot for breathing in scents based on essential oils. Always read all instructions that are supplied with your essential oils, diffusers, oil burners or candles.
Beauty by Australia has a range of consciously-sourced candles with scents to relax, pamper, care and even transport you to another time.