Winning Winter Hair Tips
Sometimes winter weather can wreck havoc on our hair – between the cold outside, artificial heating inside, beanies and the like – our hair can really be in a position of needing a little TLC.
Beauty by Australia cares about your hair so we’ve put together OUR TOP 10 TIPS to winning winter hair:
- Turn the hot water down in the shower – having the water too hot is not good for our hair and can actually dehydrate it.
- Shampooing your hair 2-3 times per week can prevent your hair and scalp from drying out. Why is this important? A dry scalp can lead to dandruff and scalp irritations which, in turn, can lead to increased hair fall.
- Use a hair oil treatment on a regular basis. Leave the treatment in for 20 minutes, rinse out and then shampoo and condition your hair as normal.
- Double up on conditioner during the cooler weather. If you live somewhere particularly cold you should consider using a deep conditioner or leave-in treatment.
- If you usually blow dry your hair make sure that you always use a heat protection product.
- When and where possible, allow your hair to air dry. Limit your use of hair dryers and flat irons.
- If you’re running short of time, blow dry your hair on a cool setting and use a pre- styling spray or leave-in conditioner.
- Consider wearing a hat or beanie when you go out and never go outside with wet hair during winter – it’s not great for your overall health but it can always cause hair to freeze and break.
- Have your hair regularly trimmed to remove any dry and brittle ends.
- Eating a balanced diet and staying hydrated is good for you and your hair – it will go a long way towards your hair looking and feeling healthier.
ASPAR Macadamia & Quandong Replenishing Conditioner
Grown Alchemist Shampoo